Two-Minute Drill: Hoke Talks Buckeyes on B1G Teleconference
By Brandon Castel
Like it or not, Brady Hoke understands Michigan’s rivalry with Ohio State. He grew up in the Dayton area and remembers the 10-Year War between Woody and Bo.
He has brought a much-needed focus on the Buckeyes back to Ann Arbor, and Michigan’s second-year coach took some time to talk about ‘The Game’ during his appearance on the Big Ten Football Teleconference on Tuesday.
On The Rivalry
* Hoke said it's a great week for anyone who has had the chance to coach or play in this rivalry.
* Hoke said he's been on the undefeated side of this game before, but thinks both teams go prepare just as hard every year.
* Hoke insists he isn't calling the Buckeyes "Ohio" to stoke the fires of the rivalry. "That's just how I've said it for many years."
* Hoke on Urban Meyer: "Neither one of us are playing in the game, and I think that's a good thing for everybody."
On The Buckeyes
* Hoke said the biggest difference he sees in Braxton Miller this year is his execution and decision-making.
* Hoke said he sees Ohio playing more man coverage this year.
* Hoke said he has a lot of respect for Luke Fickell, mentioned Simon, Shazier and Hankins as guys who worry him on defense.
* Hoke says his team's staunch pass defense is primarily due to the fact teams feel they can run the ball on Michigan.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.